free log

Blogging in Hawaii

Luckiest man alive, once a vacationer to Hawaii...now he calls it home. I share my experiences, my favorites and not-so favorites, photos and information...hoping it may give others a taste of the Hawaii I love so much. Mahalo.

Name:
Location: Oahu, Hawaii

Just a good old Southern Boy who calls Hawaii home. My take on Hawaii, my likes and dislikes, from a Southern Boy's perspective.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Opening Day


Aloha from Hawaii, from one of the luckiest men alive.

I've come to recently call this angelic place, home.

The beautiful weather, the breathtaking scenery, the infectious smiles of the people who called it home before me...and the realization that me and my family wake up here everyday, and don't have to catch a plane to go back.

I have always wanted to keep a journal, but like most things you want to do in life...you seem too busy to get around to it. But with this blog, I can work and keep a journal at the same time.

This blog will be filled with my personal views as one who used to dream of just getting to come to this place, and now is a local...or in Hawaiian terms, a "Kama'aina". It will be a reflection on my favorite things about Hawaii, its people, its places...its beauty; done with words, photos and anything else that conveys my feelings about all of this.

It will be favorite things I've done, favorite places I've visited, great places I ate at...and hopefully I can do it in a way that's not just for me...but can let all of the people who love this place like I do, but unfortunately don't live here, enjoy it as best as they can...through me. Hey, I know its not the same as being here...but you do what you can, you know what I mean?

Above is a favorite photo of my boys playing near the beach...as a Dad, you gotta love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home