free log

Blogging in Hawaii

Luckiest man alive, once a vacationer to Hawaii...now he calls it home. I share my experiences, my favorites and not-so favorites, photos and information...hoping it may give others a taste of the Hawaii I love so much. Mahalo.

Name:
Location: Oahu, Hawaii

Just a good old Southern Boy who calls Hawaii home. My take on Hawaii, my likes and dislikes, from a Southern Boy's perspective.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Weather on October 4th, 2006


Its October 4, 2006 today. Back where I lived in Asheville, North Carolina before moving here...it is the "peak-time" of the year, where the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains are at the peak of their color change. It was my favorite time of the year there, all the way through Christmas, of course.

You would think I would miss it, being the first year absent from it...but I really and truly don't. I know its beautiful, the air having a crisp coolness to it.

But the weather here in Hawaii...my gosh, I never grow tired of it at all. And don't get me wrong, I'm not a person who loves to go bake on the beach like a piece of bacon. I do love being outside. But I'm not Oscar Mayer. The weather is unbelievable here. Almost every single day, you wake up to bright blue sky with white puffy clouds. The temperature runs around 84 to 88 everyday, with a constant breeze (where I'm from you would call it a wind - 12 to 15 mph)...which keeps it feeling just perfect.

My wife and I wonder how it will be during the holiday season this year. All of the holidays are just mentally associated with colder weather (Halloween, Thanksgiving and of course Christmas). Our boys are just about out of the Halloween age (well, I'm still doing it at 41...so...), but my oldest is a pirate (Pirates of the Carribean) and the youngest is Dash from the Incredibles. I'll be going as a haole (a "non-local to Hawaii white guy") trying to be Hawaiian...no special costume required. My beautiful wife will be going as a Princess. She does that every year, although she never puts on a costume...and she never realizes shes dressing the part. But I know.

Anyways, its going to be interesting during these holidays...especially Christmas. It will be wonderful, but I'm sure different. 85 degrees with a lit Christmas tree...hmm. I've told my wife that Christmas for me this year is being here, and next year, and the next...

The photo above is where we were three weeks ago, at Hanauma Bay on Oahu in Hawaii. We spent most of the day there, the boys dragged me out snorkeling every five minutes (okay, they didn't drag me...maybe it was they ran faster than me to the beach...yeah, that was it).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home