free log

Blogging in Hawaii

Luckiest man alive, once a vacationer to Hawaii...now he calls it home. I share my experiences, my favorites and not-so favorites, photos and information...hoping it may give others a taste of the Hawaii I love so much. Mahalo.

Name:
Location: Oahu, Hawaii

Just a good old Southern Boy who calls Hawaii home. My take on Hawaii, my likes and dislikes, from a Southern Boy's perspective.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Harvest Moon over Hawaii

Tonight promises to be a beautiful night here in Hawaii (not that there's many that aren't).

The Harvest Moon comes out tonight, the full moon that is closest to the fall equinox. From what I've read over the years, this moon got its name because it comes during the "harvest time" of the year, and with the moon being full and bright, the farmers could work and harvest all night. I guess by the time a few more decades rolls around, with the way things seem to be going, it will be renamed something like the "Fall Party Moon". Because the moon was out full and bright all night, it gave people more light to party by.

My understanding is that the moon tonight is supposed to be 12% larger in appearance (according to NASA). I hope to get a beautiful shot of it as it comes up (you know, it seems every time you are trying to get a "time sensitive" photo...it seems that your brain becomes less senstive to time just long enough that when you remember, the sensitive time isn't sensitive anymore...in other words, you blew it). But I have found my personal remedy to it, for those like me who have a recurring brain dump...tell your wife. She never forgets stuff like that. I hate that.

Now the trick is, after I finish posting this entry...remember to tell my wife to help me remember. Oh forget it, you know I'm not getting that shot tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home