free log

Blogging in Hawaii

Luckiest man alive, once a vacationer to Hawaii...now he calls it home. I share my experiences, my favorites and not-so favorites, photos and information...hoping it may give others a taste of the Hawaii I love so much. Mahalo.

Name:
Location: Oahu, Hawaii

Just a good old Southern Boy who calls Hawaii home. My take on Hawaii, my likes and dislikes, from a Southern Boy's perspective.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Back from the Earthquake

Well, its been a little too long since I've blogged here...some of that I can blame on the "fireworks" this past weekend with the earthquake on the Big Island.

We here on Oahu did not go through what our neighbors did on the Big Island (the epicenter of the earthquake was the Kona side of the Big Island, so they suffered most of the damage). The latest I heard was that it was a 6.7 magnitude, larger than that of the Northridge California earthquake, although not as bad an aftermath.

Hat's off to Daiei Supermarket over near Kapolei for a job "very well done" in taking care of residents on the leeward side of Oahu. This was my first "real" earthquake to go through here in Hawaii (I've been through smaller ones, but not ones that knocked out power for most of the day like this one did). I have to say that in other places I have lived on the mainland...it would not have went as smoothly as it did Sunday, in line in front of Daiei with about 200 other people. Everyone was showing their true Aloha Spirit that day...and I was really proud to be numbered among those who call Hawaii home...especially that day.

Way to go Hawaii! You've shown the world that you truly do have the Aloha Spirit!

Mahalo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home